At Apple Industries, you will be a part of the energy and excitement that’s involved in supporting the ‘Face Place’ brand of photobooths and the ‘Print Budii’ brand of app-powered printing kiosks. Our headquarters, located in Nassau County, NY, brings together a multi-faceted team with experience in coin-operated amusements, technology, photography, art, and much more, making Apple Industries a leading entertainment and technology player.
We are seeking a Software Engineer who will do what it takes to partner with some of today’s largest companies/brands like Dave & Busters, Chuck E. Cheese’s, Major League Baseball, Simon Malls, Disney, Round One, Warner Bros, and many more. The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
What you will do in a snapshot
- Design, code, unit test, and debug various software products and systems that contribute to Apple Industries various product lines, specifically photo booth unit applications et al.
- Identify areas for improvement; refactor and eliminate technical debt to build a more robust platform for supporting Photo Booth technology using S.O.L.I.D. design principals.
- Contribute to development, deployment, and maintenance protocols as well as product manuals in conjunction with other departments.
- Collaborate with system architects, creative team, quality assurance, and customer support to achieve project and product development goals.
- Participate in both software & hardware regression testing, and quality control protocols.
- Participate in product building through code load, logical configuration, and upgrades.
Will you be the perfect fit?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- You have 3 to 5 years’ experience in developing software
- You have core competency in C#, XML, stateful application development
- You are knowledgeable of Git SCM, Visual Studio IDE, Agile methodologies, and REST-client protocols
- You have clear and effective written and verbal English communications skills
- You have creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- You have a strong work ethic, time management, organization, and decision-making skills
- You are self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines
- You may have experience with WPF, Windows Services, Microsoft Embedded SQL Server management
- You may have experience with hardware driver management